- Comprehensive Plan
Comprehensive Infrastructure Plan Recommendations- 2022-2023
Click HERE to see the slideshow presented by the engineering/community planning firm of Freese & Nichols.
This slideshow was presented to the Levelland City Council on March 30, 2023, and again in an abbreviated presentation on April 3, 2023.
In 2003, the Levelland City Council contracted with the consulting firm Dunkin, Sefko & Associates to create a new comprehensive plan to guide the City of Levelland into the new century. Working with staff and a 25 member Citizen Steering Committee, Dan Sefko, firm principal, developed the City of Levelland Comprehensive Plan 2004.
In January the Steering Committee submitted the plan to the Planning and Zoning Commission for consideration and presentation to the City Council. The Planning and Zoning Commission and the City Council held public hearings on the plan and the City Council adopted the plan in February of 2004.
- Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Section 1. Overview
- Section 2. Baseline Analysis
- Plate 2.1 Regional Relationship (Page 2.5)
- Plate 2.2 Extra Territorial Jurisdiction (Page 2.11)
- Plate 2.3 Existing Land Use (Page 2.28)
- Plate 2.4 Housing Conditions (Page 2.39)
- Section 3. Goals and Objectives
- Section 4. Future Land Use Plan
- Section 5. Transportation Plan
- Section 6. Public Facilities
- Plate 6.1 Public Facilities (Page 6.9)
- Section 7. Infrastructure
- Plate 7.1 Water Distribution System (Page 7.4)
- Plate 7.2 Sanitary Sewer System (Page 7.5)
- Plate 7.3 Septic System Soil Classification Map (Page 7.6)
- Plate 7.4 Street and Drainage Map (Page 7.7)
- Section 8. Parks Plan
- Plate 8.1 Future Parks Plan (Page 8.6)
- Section 9. Housing Strategies
- Section 10. Economic Development
- Section 11. Downtown Plan
- Plate 11.1 Downtown Sector Plan (Page 11.6)
- Section 12. Implementation Strategies