The City of Levelland requires anyone who sells or solicits the sale of any merchandise goods or services within the city but does not maintain a fixed and permanent place of business within the city to apply for a Peddlers License. This includes but is not limited to:
* Persons who set up displays of merchandise in vacant lots, parking lots, or similar places for display.
* Peddlers who attempt to make personal contact with a resident at their residence without invitation or appointment (door to door solicitation).
To become licensed to sell for 30 days in Levelland you will need the following things:
1) Complete an application for each person who will be selling a product.(See link below)
2) Provide proof of at least a $1,000.00 insurance bond.
3) Pay an annual permit fee of $25.00 for the business.( Paid one time each 12 months)
4) Pay an administrative fee of $25.00 for EACH person in the business who will be selling. This covers the cost of a criminal/sex offender background check and a city issued ID badge. (To be paid each month that you request a license).
For additional information, contact Janie Flores at 806-894-0113. To read complete Ordinance governing Peddlers click this link: Peddlers Ordinance