Levelland Festival of Lights and Christmas on the Square
2020 *REVERSE* Lighted Parade Theme:
Levelland Main Street, the Marigolds of Levelland, and South Plains College (SPC) will partner again to bring you the Levelland Festival of Lights & Christmas on the Square, TUESDAY, December 1, 2020.
This year we are kickin' it old school... Due to COVID-19 and added safety precautions, the Levelland Festival of Lights will revert back to a similar event schedule we followed a few years ago... Tree Lighting at SPC at 5:45pm and then following the tree lighting, parade floats will be parked around the Square for attendees to "Parade" around and enjoy. Vendors will be setup along the sidewalks for families to pass the time as they wait in line to see Santa. We invite the community to first enjoy the Tree Lighting at South Plains College and then join us Downtown for a Reverse Lighted Parade and Santa at the Gazebo!
6:15 pm - 8:00pm
Following the tree lighting, parade floats will be parked around the Square for attendees to "Parade" around and enjoy. Vendors will be setup along the sidewalks for families to pass the time as they wait in line to see Santa. Food Trucks will also be available on the South Side of the Square
Will there be kids activities like last year on the Courthouse Lawn?
- Due to added COVID-19 precautions for large events and gatherings, there will not be a bounce house, train rides, face painting, and other kids activities on the Courthouse Lawn as there has been the past two years.
So what will there be if there won't be activities?
- I'm so glad you asked! There will be a Reverse Lighted Parade and booths along the sidewalk for families to enjoy while waiting in line to see Santa!
What in the world is a Reverse Lighted Parade?
- Parade floats will be parked around the Square for attendees to "parade" around and enjoy! Instead of you parking your car and watching the parade drive by, the floats will be stationary and attendees will walk around (or stand in line to see Santa) to see the floats.
- Want to have a float for the parade? Click the tab above labeled "Parade Registration Form"
Stand in line to see Santa? Will we have to get a ticket this year to visit the jolly fellow?
- No tickets this year! We are kickin' it old school and going back to just an old fashioned "wait in line" system. There will be markers along the sidewalks to help your family social distance from other families waiting to see Saint Nick.
- Face Coverings: All event participants are encouraged to wear masks/face coverings when they are not able to social distance. Kids that would like to visit Santa WILL BE REQUIRED to wear a face covering! If you do not have a one for your child we will have masks available at NO COST when you get to the front of the line.
- Hand Sanitizer stations will be setup at various locations around the Square.
- Social Distancing markers will be placed on the sidewalks and around the Square for you and your family to have the opportunity to social distance as recommended by the CDC.
- Please, if you or anyone in your family are feeling ill, protect yourself and others by staying home.
What’s the theme this year?
- In celebration of our 12th year of the Lighted Parade our theme this year is "12 Days of Christmas."
What’s a Reverse Parade?
- Parade floats are parked, stationary in one location and people walk around to look at the floats. So instead of the floats driving by and the people sitting still, the floats will be parked and people will walk around the Square to view the floats.
So how will this work for parade entries?
- To enter a float in the parade you will need to fill out an entry form and make sure to include the length of your trailer (this is important for spacing). On the day of the event you will bring your float downtown and park your float on a first come, first serve basis. You will UNHITCH (if applicable) your vehicle and leave your float parked in the designated spot until the event is over. ALL floats must be in place by 5:45pm and may not leave the event area until 8pm.
- Please see the map for where to park your float and the event setup.
Are we allowing vendors this year?
- Yes… we will have a few food trucks and specific types of vendors; AND, we ARE allowing any float entry to also have a booth along with their float!!
How can I setup a booth and what can I sell/give away?
- You MUST have a float in order to setup a booth. Booths will be setup in the parking spaces against the sidewalks around the courthouse and need to be accessible from both sides as there will be people standing in line to see Santa on one side and people walking around to look at the floats on the other side.
- You may sell/give away/promote your business or organization however you’d like, as long as it correlates or is for the benefit of the organization/business that the float represents. *
- You will also be responsible for any local and/or state permits and/or licenses required depending on what you are selling/giving away.
*Main Street will be hosting a few food trucks/ specific vendors so as we get those organized, we will let you know if there is anything specific you may not be allowed to sell/give away.
Why are we doing it this way this year?
- COVID, 2020, need we say more? In all seriousness, we want to have a fun, family friendly event but also want it to be safe! So, we are trying new things instead of just cancelling it. We will not be having all the activities on the courthouse lawn for kids to do this year, so with floats and booths we hope we can create some fun things to look at and a way to pass the time while standing in line to see Santa.