Options for Handling Your Citation
Plea no contest or guilty and pay the fine. You may do this either in person, by mail or online
- In Person: Appear on or before the due date on your citation, pay the fine in full or request a payment plan. Current Location,
- 1709 Ave. H, Levelland, TX 79336
- By Mail: Sign waiver on the reverse side of your citation, and mail ticket and payment by money order on or before the due date stated on your citation.
- On line: Simply click here and follow the on screen instructions.
Plea not guilty and request a trial. If you choose to plea not guilty, you or your attorney must turn in a plea and request for trial by judge or jury by the due date on the citation. The court date will be assigned and notice of the trial date will by sent out by the court.
Request the Driving Safety Course in person on or before the due date on your ticket. You will be eligible for this option if you:
You are not eligible for the Driving Safety Course if you were cited for one of the following offenses:
- Have not had a defensive driving class in the previous 12 months
- Have a valid Texas drivers license
- Show proof of liability insurance
- Going more than 25 miles over the speed limit
- Passing a school bus
- Reckless Driving
- Fleeing / evading a peace officer
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Failing to render aid
- Committing any traffic offense while driving with a commercial drivers license
Once the court has approved you for defensive driving, you must pay the $107 (or $135 if School Zone Violation) court costs, then you will have 90 days to complete the course.